What makes the Hallberg-Rassy 43 a good Cruising Boat?
For us it is following:
– Strong and reliable boat.
– Protected and comfortable Cockpit. The best protection is a Hardtop as it increases the comfort in bad weather which makes you feel better.
If you feel good you make better decisions. Hardtop is an excellent sun protection in warmer climates. Also try the ergonomics of the cockpit. You need at least 30-40 cm height on the backrest in order to sit comfortable for eight hours.
– Good performance is safety as boat speed increases your chances to avoid bad weather.
– A boat that is balanced enough to be steered by the autopilot in all kind of weather. Important for a shorthanded crew.
– Electrical or hydraulic In-mast furling or “Push Button Sailing” keeps you in the cockpit most of the time. In-mast furling also allows you to reef sailing downwind.
– A good size engine room with a strong and reliable engine.
– Lots of fuel and water capacity.
– Lots of under bunk storage capacity in the main saloon.
– Lots of lockers over the bunks in all cabins.
– Strong and rugged anchor system.
– A well-balanced charging system with enough battery capacity.
– Good ventilation. Lots of opening ports are essential in warmer climates.
– Good supply of spare parts from the manufacturer.
– Nice looking Boat! You can not really enjoy your boat if you and your friends think it is ugly.